Apply to come to Canada as a Business Immigrant. This way you will be able to both start a business in Canada and live here. The start-up visa program is a great way to enter the Canadian Business market.
To participate in the start-up visa program, one must:
- Have a qualifying business.
- Have a letter of support from a designated organization (venture capital groups, angel investors, or business incubators). There are many supporting organizations in Canada that help new businesses. The process to pitch your idea is different for each organization. Each organization has its own requirements.
- Meet the language requirements (proficiency in English or French). Primary applicant must meet the minimum level of the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5 in either English or French in all of these four areas: speaking reading listening writing
- Bring enough money to settle and live in Canada before your business starts making money. You will need to give proof that you have the money to support yourself and your dependents after you arrive in Canada. The amount you need depends on the size of your family.
Provinces have their individual Entrepreneur Categories. Each province has their Eligibility Requirements on the basis of:
- Personal net worth legally obtained.
- Minimum Investment in an eligible new business or to purchase and improve an existing business.
- Job creation in your business for a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark in English or French in each of the four competencies: listening, speaking, reading and writing, by the time of nomination.
- Suitable business and/or management experience.
- Have, or be eligible for, legal temporary immigration status in Canada.
- Have been lawfully admitted to the country where you currently reside. Let us help you to turn your previous experience or business global. We will be with you on every step of the process and make things smooth sailing and easier for you. Also find out how much it costs to live where you’re planning to settle in Canada as per the Immigration Refugee Citizenship Canada.
DISCLAIMER:The information provided on the page is as of December 2020. This policies are subject to change by immigration refugee citizenship Canada and or the provincial government of Canada without a notice. Viapply and it's agent do not guarantee the validity and effectiveness of federal or provincial policy before the date of when retainer comes into force.